Please note dates are subject to change, and these do not account for digital releases, which can sometimes be as important as retail releases. DLC is highlighted in blue. Digital releases (excluding PC-only titles) are highlighted in green.
- Tuesday, February 26 ~ MUD: FIM Motocross World Championship (PS3, PC, & Xbox 360)
- Tuesday, February 26 ~ Mass Effect 3 – Reckoning (PS3, PC & Xbox 360)
- Thursday, February 28 ~ Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Revolution (PS3 & PC)
Xbox 360 only:
- Monday, February 25 ~ Halo 4 - Majestic Map Pack
- Wednesday, February 27 ~ Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds (XBLA – Digital Release)
Playstation 3 only:
- Tuesday, February 26 ~ Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires
- Tuesday, February 26 ~ Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dawnguard
- Tuesday, February 26 ~ Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
- Thursday, February 28 ~ Expeditions: Conquistidor
- Thursday, February 28 ~ Might & Magic Heroes VI: Shades of Darkness
- Thursday, February 28 ~ Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army
Of everything coming to consoles, the best part is the release of two batches of DLC. Yes, I realize there is more than two (Hell, there’s a lot this week), but two of which are in the same category. The first of which is Halo 4‘s Majestic Map Pack. This adds three new levels to the mix; Landfall, Monolith, and Skyline. Also included are ten new achievements. I personally love when developers add achievements to their map packs as it gives you a little extra incentive to possibly play in a way you don’t usually.
While that is on the Xbox 360, the Playstation 3 and PC crowds finally get their Revolution DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops II. I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but Treyarch is adding a new gun into their map pack, almost as if they are taking a page from Battlefield 3′s expansion model. Sure, there are a ton of guns already in the game, half of which I have not even used, but tossing it in with the new maps is a nice little bonus.
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army actually looks pretty interesting. I dabbled with Sniper Elite V2 and didn’t care for it much, but a sniping game where you traverse a zombie infested city sounds like a fun change of pace than most shooting games with zombies.
The last bit of Elder Scrolls: Skyrim DLC comes to the Playstation 3 this week. Dawnguard was the first piece of DLC released on the Xbox 360, which we reviewed here. In short, this one adds vampires to Tamriel, and is a fine excuse to dig back into the game.
- Tuesday, February 28 ~ MUD: FIM Motocross World Championship
- Tuesday, February 28 ~ Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
Remember when extreme sports had a strong presence in gaming? Tony Hawk was king of the roost, and every top dog in other sports wanted their own game. Welcome to 2013, and MUD: FIM Motorcross World Championship. I’m not really sure what to make of this. If it plays like Excitebike, I would love a portable Excitebike. But I don’t think that will be the case. In all seriousness though, as I was reading a little about MUD, I saw that the terrain is fully deformable which could make for some fun racing.
Are you picking anything up this week? Still trying to make it through your backlog? Let us know in the comments below!