Sony closed out the first day. Here are my thoughts on their show.
- Beyond is Quantic Dream’s follow-up to Heavy Rain. No gameplay was shown but knowing Quantic Dream’s track record, there won’t be much to speak of. The game does look great however, with some astounding facial animations, and the story at least seems intriguing.
- Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale looks to be just what everyone thought it would be, Sony Smash Bros. Nathan Drake and Big Daddy were announced as playable characters.
- The Vita finally can play PSOne games. Thank God.
- Assassin’s Creed: Liberation for the Vita looked excellent in the short trailer they showed for it. New character is a female and she is hot. The game will be bundled with a new silver white Vita.
- Assassin’s Creed III continues to look astounding. The PS3 demo showed off a naval battle that was high energy and completely new for the series.
- Far Cry 3 showcased the four player co-op experience. It looks fun but the single player is what has me interested in this title.
- Wonderbook was possibly the longest presentation of the conference and I cannot tell you much of anything about it other than Harry Potter or something. It looks atrocious.
- God of War: Ascension got a long demo. It looks like God of War. That is to say extremely good-looking with great animations. It was given a March 2013 release date.
- Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us closed out the show. Honestly I was extremely surprised that Sony ended this way being as the game was already something of a known quantity. Still the game looks great, seems to play fantastic, and is astonishingly brutal. A must buy for me.
Overall Sony was about on par with Microsoft. Nothing too exciting but some promising titles coming in the (hopefully) near future. Now I am going to go and try and play some old RPGs on my Vita.