Quick Attack is where Vagary takes a look at a game we are working on for review, and want to give you, the reader, a small taste of what we are experiencing. Think of it as a preview, in bullet-point format, with a review to follow.
In this Quick Attack, I will give some thoughts on Goldeneye Reloaded for the Playstation 3.
The famed Facility level
- The overhaul to the graphics look amazing. Not crazy about the swap to Daniel Craig as Bond, but the game looks and feels fantastic.
- A LOT of scenes are added to give the game a more modern, shooter feel. Not sure how I feel about this yet. The Nightclub, for example, is all new and seems unneeded.
- All of the guns for the most part are renamed. For people that spent hours upon hours with the N64 multiplayer, this is disconcerning, but the addition of weapons makes up for that. There are easily two-to-three times as many weapons, and the attachments that became a standard to the 007 series after Goldeneye are added in
- Ugh, the online multiplayer is laggy – barely playable. Somehow, I was still coming out on the higher end of the scoreboard. Ha.
- There are lots of options for online play. I really like that, but no one is playing. “Gun Game” from Black Ops is in here but, again, no one is playing
- the added MI6 (?) missions seem awesome, but I haven’t played but one of them, so I won’t comment much other than that.