At New York Comic Con, Street Fighter X Tekken producer Yoshinori Ono revealed quite a bit of new information, including the official release dates for the game. It will hit store shelves on March 6, 2012 in North America and March 9 in Europe for the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. Details about the recently announced PC and PS Vita version will be revealed at a later date.
He also announced a special edition of Street Fighter x Tekken for North America, which includes the following:
- Street Fighter X Tekken game
- Build-It-Yourself Arcade Cabinet Bank (approximately 5”H)
- Exclusive Prequel Comic Book by UDON
- 36 Gems: Includes All Pre-Order Packs Plus An Exclusive Pack
- Pre-Order Bonus: Nine Exclusive Gems Only Available For Pre-Ordering SE
- Total of 45 Gems When You Pre-Order
If you are wondering what gems are, he clarified it with a new trailer for the game. The Gem System will allow players to customize their fighters to suite their playstyles. For instance, slotting power gems allow players to do additional damage once they land a few basic attacks.
A question for you fighting-game fans, do you like the idea of being able to customize your fighter?
Source: Capcom Unity Blog