“The old model of making games every few years to coincide with new hardware launches is gone. We have a very powerful set of games for today’s consoles, and now we offer that IP to players as year-round entertainment across all of their devices and platforms,” said Jens Uwe Intat, Senior Vice President of EA European Publishing. “We’re looking forward to our fans’ response when they get hands-on with our line-up at the show – we think they’ll like what they see.”
There will be 350 gaming stations at the EA booth with plenty of games readily available for play.
Major titles that will be playable at Gamescom:
- FIFA 12: Huge space that puts players on the pitch to experience the gameplay action.
- Battlefield 3™: A dedicated 64-person multiplayer area with the most authentic modern shooter experience of the year.
- STAR WARS®: The Old Republic™: 36 hands-on stations with Origin Worlds and 16 hands-on stations for PvP.
- Need for Speed™ The Run: Get behind the wheel in a race for your life from the Golden Gate to the Empire State.
- Mass Effect™ 3: A high octane alien invasion adventure explodes in an all-out galactic war. The time has come to join the war effort and experience the industry’s most critically acclaimed RPG first-hand.
- The Secret World: Funcom producers will be showing an exciting live demo in one of many dungeons, highlighting combat, progression and boss fights.
Social titles available at the EA Booth:
- The Sims™ Social: The Sims on Facebook® – coming soon!
- The Sims™ 3 Pets: Hands-on play on all platforms
They will also hold a Press Briefing August 16, at 10AM EST for invited guests and media only, but they will have a webcast availible to here for those unable to attend.
Gamescom will take place August 17-21.